4.28.2005

Monkey in da howwwwww-se

I've finally gotten into my own place...well, sort of. I have a roomie this go-around. I shall call him Da Cheat or The Chort from here on out. So, now you know. Anyhoo - Da Cheat is an excellent roommate. He comes with lots of computer equipment and drinks coffee and Shiner. These are all preferred qualities for someone with whom I share space. I'm still living mostly out of boxes, and have much of my stuff in storage, but that problem will hopefully be resolved by the end of next week. Then....sweet cuppin' cakes! I'll be rockin' the hizzy with my phat beats. Er sumthin.

Enaway....

So, my girlfriend (or as she will be referred to for the time being, Lamp Lover) and I are doing quite well. She's making the rounds of meeting friends still - this last Monday we had a sizeable gathering at The Saucer, and she met a few people she had heard me make reference to, but had yet to meet. We got together for inexpensive beer and dominoes. What a great combination. There has been a trial run at what is being called "beercasting" while we were there. I'm not sure how successfully it was carried out, but from all reports coming from Canada, it was good.

...and in the news....

Apparently, there are 7 men in Florida who are getting their lawsuit on. These men, who are of middle-eastern descent, claim that while patronizing a Denny's in the area, they were called "bin Ladens" and then, after having waited for service for an hour, were asked to leave. When they protested, two local police officers told them to leave or they would be arrested. They are now suing for 4 million dollars each. Let me repeat that. Four. Million. Dollars..... Each. I believe racist/prejudicial behavior should not be tolerated....but $4 mil?? EACH?? I'm not against people being litigious when they have a legitimate reason, and I even believe that this case is warranted. If this Denny's manager said these things to these folks, and they were denied service because of their race, then Denny's deserves to be the focus of a lawsuit. But 4 million dollars in damages is ridiculously excessive. Just IMHO....

...now, back to your regularly-scheduled surfing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing what sort of Capers you and this new roomie get up to.

And beercasting? Sounds entertaining--I was in Canada at the time though, and there were no effects within my vicinity that I was aware of...however, not knowing wtf beercasting is I may have missed them.

Anonymous said...

Dude...
We should totally have sued Dennys for harassment between the bear incident and the leash incident our civil rights were CLEARLY violated. DOWN WITH DENNYS! LONG LIVE NIKREP! Or something.
Fondly from CT,
You better know who :)

OneCoolMonkey said...

Hijinx ahoy! There will be plenty of fun to be had. I'll keep everyone up to date with what is new with TWM and Da Cheat.

My CT poster - yes, we had cases galore against Denny's...why oh WHY weren't we a more litigious culture in the mid-90's?? Not to say we weren't, but now you can sue for hangnails, practically. I long for a nikrep's....*sigh*

Monkey out.

Anonymous said...

Dude,
If you miss Nikrep, you'll definitely miss this.
http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/cgi-bin/finger?coke


May your pink fish bing into the distance.